The Property Genie was set up by Claire Ryder (MARLA) in 2016, Claire has worked in the Residential Lettings industry as a Lettings Manager for over ten years for a well established estate agent in Thirsk & Ripon. I have managed a portfolio of over 300 managed properties, conducted over 1500 let for landlords who wish to manage themselves and managed 4 block management sites over two branches.
I set up the company as I was aware there is a gap in the market for a good independent inventory clerk within the Thirsk and surrounding area. My aim is to provide independent lettings services for landlords, letting agents & tenants.
Within the lettings industry training is essential, as well as keeping up to date with new legislation. I have trained to the recognised industry qualifications propertymark ARLA (Association of Residential Lettings Agents), has recently passed ARLA Inventories (MARLA Inv) and also qualified as a City & Guilds, Legionella Risk Assessor.
I regularly attend Property Mark Regional Meetings and various training seminars over the years for the following subjects;
- Inventory Management (Property Mark Course)
- Deregulation Act Master class - New Deposit Rules & New Section 21 Rule
- Legal Updates Course
- TDS - Tenancy Deposit Protection Academy (1,2,3 & 4)
- End Of Tenancy Management
- Tenancy Deposit Master class
- Legal Updates 2012, Repair and Obligations
- Understanding Tenancy Agreements, Understanding Possession Proceedings
- Handling Inventories Tenancy Deposit Protection & Damage Disputes
- Advance Property Management
- Legal Lettings & Repossession Procedures
- Developing Your Business
- Day To Day Law For Lettings
- Inventory Guidance
- Block Management Course
I have specialised in deposit refunds and have over 95% success rate in resolving deposit disputes with landlords and tenants. When the remaining 5% have gone to adjudication with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) the evidence provided has ensured successful results for the landlord.
I am based in Thirsk, North Yorkshire and cover the surrounding towns and villages within the North Yorkshire area.
I am fully insured for professional indemnity and public liability, CRB checked & I am a member of The Property Ombudsman.